Pattern: Tweed Beret, by Kristen Tendyke. Interweave Knits, Winter 2006.
Yarn: Berocco Peruvia, colour "Caliente", one skein=160m. I used pretty much the whole skein to make the beret, and a gauge swatch.
Needles: 4mm - 60cm circular, & a set of 4mm dpns
Size: Large (supposed to be 22" circumference)
Project Notes: When it came off the needles it was WAY HUGE! I measured my head, which is 22" around & corresponds with the largest size in the pattern, and this hat is still too big for me!
So into the sink it went with a little soap, and some hot water & I hand felted it. It thickened up a bit, and finally shrunk to a more decent size. I think it will now fit a 22", or slightly bigger, head in a flattering way. I am waiting for it to dry now so I can try it on, and put the finishing i-cord onto the top. I will likely felt the i-cord to keep the look consistent.
Then this hot little beret will fly to the UK to be with Sarah!
Final Photos to come soon!
Pattern: Ella Phint, by Vanessa Carter
Yarn: Gallway in colourway Lavender. I used way way less than 1 skein, maybe 25m-50m.
Notes:I realize that I never showed you guys Carolyn's Ella Phint! The original Ella! I've made a couple of mods to the pattern since I made this first one.
Apparently, baby Leah loves Ella! Yay!